Friday, December 26, 2008

Reda and Patience

This post is absolutely spontaneous.
So.. I heard this sheik today talking about reda (satisfaction/being pleased) and patience.
He was talking about how it's like when a person faces crises or hardships, he or she has these two main stages to pass, so they can peacefully pass whatever their experience is.
The two stages are the reda and patience. He said that patience could be the "easy" one. Meaning, after that you or me face a hardship of whatever, it is manageable for us to patiently go through it, and to deal with the pain and the heartache with pure patience. However, reda is a higher level, or a higher state of spirituality. To be satisfied with whatever came over you! To be pleased with whatever God cause to happen. To be pleased with no matter what, knowing it is for the over all best, and that it will be compensated.. .
How great the spirituality of a person must be to go through a crises with such great attitude? And how hard it is to deal with tough life events with such manner?
Looking back at the latest "crises" you've been through, did you find yourself handling it with such patience and gratefulness? And if not, do you think one day you will?

I was sort of mesmerized by what I heard, and I found it sort of ironic because this whole subject has been one that I've been thinking and talking about a lot lately. And it also connects to me personally.
I felt a little bet touched when he was talking about this! I sort of looked back about some situations and events that happened to me, and how I dealt with them. Also, how I FELT about them.. .

The great differences that affect us when we deal with life and its struggles with such strong faith, reda, and patience is highly grater than when we do with such impatience and reluctance to what God had in store for us... .

No comments:

Post a Comment